Thursday, June 2, 2011

Booking Through Thursday

I decided it might be fun to participate in some memes, and this one caught my eye:

Do you read book reviews? Whose do you trust? Do they affect your reading habits? Your buying habits?

I don't have a real source that I go to all of the time for book reviews, and I really only read reviews for books that I'm interested in in the first place.  I wish there was a place that collected quotes of reviews for books and an overall score like Rotten Tomatoes does for movies, but alas, we're kind of on our own for books.  Which is also why I started Teen E-Book Review, since there's really nowhere for self-published names to get a voice.  Anyways, some teen blogs I've come to enjoy are The Story Siren, Michelle's Bookshelf, and The Book Addict.  Do they affect my reading or buying habits?  Sure, they do.  If I notice a book but probably won't get around to reading it (especially with a mountain of reading already in front of me), a good review can tip me over the edge and push a book to the head of my reading pile, when I may not have ever gotten around to reading it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment